Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cover Letter...Kind of

James Parker
March 27, 2011
Cline, Laura
ENG 102

Dear Laura Cline,

This first half of the semester has been extremely difficult for me as writer as well as a student who tries to stay motivated. My biggest challenge in this class has been trying to stay motivated with my writing. On top of working and relationships with people, I have cheated myself in putting time into my work, therefore making it less enjoyable to turn in work. Some of the material, because of the online style, has also been much harder to focus on and relate to, seeing as I am the type of student who needs someone in front of me talking so I can communicate easier.

The readings have been detailed enough to give me a taste of what war is like, which has changed my perspective on the wars our troops are fighting. Seeing different styles of writing on the same subject has been helpful to me, and the similar feelings and stories among writers make their stories hold truth, simply because a lot of the feelings match up. Analyzing these pieces has been different than other types of writing I've done in that it makes you write longer papers on more specific details, with less summary style writing.

With the second half of the semester quickly approaching, I intend to continue looking for motivation and time to work on my writing. Hopefully now I can turn in my papers and feel like I am letting my full-grown teen ager go off to college instead of sending a four-year-old.

Sincerely,

Jamie Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment